Thursday, October 4, 2012

Frank -N- Bride

All of the wonderful Halloween crafts that I have been seeing online have gotten me in the Halloween mood. I thought it would be fun to create a wedding themed Halloween card. I have never been to a Halloween themed wedding but if I ever get invited to one then I will have a card design.

This card actually came about by accident. I was looking for Halloween images, I saw Frankenstein and the Bride and everything evolved from there.

 The card is a 6x6 S-fold card. The orange card base is from Recollections and the striped paper is from K & Company. All of the cuts are from Paper Doll Dress Up. Frank and his bride were cut at 4" from green card stock. I hid the faces on the cuts and stamped them with Peachy Keen Stamps; Happy New Year for Frank and Laffy Taffy for the Bride. I added some cheeks on both with green chalk and used a black gel pen for Frank's scar. I used a white gel pen to fill in the eyes for both, added some purple glitter glue to her eye lids and Glossy Accents to her lips.



For the clothing I cut some of the pieces from the bride and groom cuts to give them a little wedding look. Frank's tux jacket, shirt and bow tie came from the groom and her veil and shoes came from the bride. All other clothing and accessories came from the Frankenstein and the Bride cuts. I used a white gel pen on his suit and her hair and Glossy accents to the shoes. I embossed her dress with the zebra embossing folder and added some black glitter glue to the dress and veil. The orange pearls on the veil are from my stash.

I cut the moon out by hand and added eyes to the bat with a red pearl pen. The sentiment came from two different stamps in the MPS Happiest Moments stamp set.

I added a yellow mat to the inside of the card. I hung the spider from a piece of twine, added green glitter glue for the eyes and added some doodling with a white gel pen.

Hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it!

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
Cardz TV - SSSOOO SSSPOOKY
My Craft Spot - Boo To You
Paper Playtime - Trick or Treat + a Die Cut or Punch
Peachy Keen Challenge 38 - Anything Goes
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges - Purple & Orange

15 comments:

  1. Love their faces! GREAT card. Thank you so much for playing with us at Cardz TV, Paper Playtime, and Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. You may always want to enter this here.... http://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/2012/10/boo-banner.html

    Have a GREAT day! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! I would never have guessed that you used Paper Doll Dress Up for the cuts. Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy:)

    Lucy - DT
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is delightful. I love it! I laughed at the take on it - Hallo-Wedding. What a great card for a Halloween Wedding! Don't you just wish you had a wedding to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all your challenges. The details are fantastic on your card! Thank you for sharing at Peachy Keen Stamps' Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us over at PDE Challenges! Candice http://stampinpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I just love this card! Too cute! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the Halloween card. S Fold cards are fun to make. Like the sparkle & face stamping on your card. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Purple & Orange Ch.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT Group B

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! They are a cute couple! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my this is darling, so full of cute detail--love the face on Frank!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAY cool. I love the card fold and the faces are AWESOME. Great choices and wonderful job. Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Challenge this week. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute! I love the classic PDDU characters and the faces are awesome! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a neat card! Thank you for playing along with us over on the Peachy Keen Challenge blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great card! Love the PK faces you chose for each, and your card colors are fab!

    ((HUGS))
    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    Come on by and visit me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great face choices for your characters! they fit them perfectly! thanks for playing along on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card!! LOVe the fold!!
    Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
    Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete