Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gift Card Dress Up!

I picked up a Menards Gift Card for my mother for her birthday (it's what she asked for) and I wanted to dress it up a little instead of just handing her the gift card in the little envelope from the store.

I am so in love with crafting that I look for any opportunity to craft. I really could have just given it to her plain (since it's after her birthday now) but I so enjoy the smiles on people's faces when they get something hand made.



Gift card holder and insert

Materials:
Tag: Polka dot paper from Michael's open stock, blue mat is Recollections card stock, tag cut from Stretch Your Imagination, glitter button from American Crafts, Ribbon from Joann's

Sleeve: Recollections craft card stock for the base, glitter chipboard from Michael's open stock, balloons cut from Elmo's Party and stamped with Peachy Keen Happy Lash Assortment, used some We R Memory Keepers Fancy Floss for the string, used chalk for the cheeks, white gel pen and glossy accents on baloon highlights and a black gel pen for freckles, I free hand cut the banner, stamped it with "Happy Birthday" from MPS Sweet Baby and added some rhinestones from K & Co., used a blue glitter gel pen for the faux stiching around the edge of the holder.

A close up pic



1 comment:

  1. What a cute card, just perfect for our "bling it up" challenge! That blingy blue paper is fabulous, and I adore your cute balloons! Thanks for playing with us over at Cardz TV, hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete